March 12, 2008

Should I create a RAID configuration?


Hi everyone,

I am adding two new WD hard drives in my system, which has only one right now. They will all 160 second gen SATA hard drives. Either a total of three.

I am currently dual boot xp and Vista, and have had no problems yet.

I am a bit lost as to what configuration to use. At first, I thought about setting up a RAID 5 configuration, but now I am not so sure.

Would it be better for me to simply add that ordinary readers and use them as needed? Who is going to affect my performance?

Or should I go ahead and create the RAID system, and configure it as RAID 5 or RAID 0 1 perhaps?

I use the computer for much of the game, Crysis, CoD4 etc, but I do a lot of watching movies HD, photo editing and storage for backups and software etc. I a mobo compatible RAID, and the manager of Intel Matrix Storage On disc, so I have all the necessary technical.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated seriously, I have to lose what I should do for the better ......

Advance

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
If your data is very important and we can not afford to lose any data, even for one minute (as in companies or corporations), you can install RAID 5.
If you want to use the hard disk for only the backup data, and use it as a simple reader.
I see that you are not user business, and I do not see why you should go to the RAID configuration.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
RAID 1 0 is better. It will also give you faster and protect your data from disk failure