March 27, 2008

My hard drive is messed up and I want to make sure it stays that way, what do I do?


I went with my best buy service contract and they kept telling me that the drive is beautiful, even if it was clicking. The computer was ok for about a month or two, and now it will not boot up whatsoever. He clicks and clicks and hits. My dilemma is that I have pictures and information on this is that I want to keep or want to destroy it for good. If I put magnets on the hard drive, it will ruin the information? I tried backup software discs with errors, but nothing seems to work, it can not read the sectors. I just want the news completley gone!

5 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
The only sure way to destroy data is to drill a hole in the drive.

Magnets, formats and wipes are not full proof.

- Le Devoir Dweebs Try

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
to visit this informative website, you will find the solution:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I cannot help repair the disk, but if you want all the data on she recoverable ... A good loyal hammer blows wonders on almost all electronic.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
try this little trick, you get a zip-lock "onto the hard drive and place it in the bag, seal it off, stick it in the freezer for 3 or 4 hours let it get good and cold, it out, but have the cable from your computer ready to hang back to the cold hard disk and start the computer, be sure to wipe condensation if it has on her, but she should not have to, if bag is hermetically sealed and see if Who will enable you to erase, if it works to keep in the freezer until you are completely removed, unless it works, there is no way to erase the info about it unless you can melt all unit.you might be surprised by the results, but make sure it is real real cold, perhaps leaving in the night if you want.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
provides that and stick in the water and see if they still tell you that there is no problem with your hard disk, just make sure that you dry it first