March 13, 2008

some thing about backup and recovery disk?


Hi all, I just want to make something about the recovery of CD here.
1, now if I go to the backup utility, then burn all my stuffs into the DVD as i follow the instructions, and then burned the DVD has become my recovery CD and I can use it when I System crash?
2, when I bought my computer, it comes with a CD to reinstall the CD can also be recovered from the CD?
3, i appointed by the original CD comes with the computer CD1, CD2 appointed Burned CD, want to ensure that the difference between the CD1 and CD2 is recovering after using CD1, my system once back and it looks like the first time i Turn right on it? And if recovery of CD2, it will bring my system at the same time i burned this CD, and then with all software and files stored i / installed on it right?
4, when back-up, I can choose to burn a DVD or CD 3. We know that when we resume, we have put in the CD and press F11 from the window of departure. So with a single DVD, no problem, but with 3 CDs, how are we doing? Can you explain?

1 comment:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Ok, you can perform a recovery on 1 DVD or on my computer, it takes 8 cds. Just as the DVD may contain more. Either way is acceptable.

Now reinstall the CD. Hmm, I never heard about that. Now, if your computer is first loaded, he already have Windows XP on it. If it did not, and you must load the DVD, you have the installation disk Windows XP. Most computers come with Windows already loaded, but you seem to not be of the United States. So I do not know how they sell computers in other countries or if your job is a custom. But if the windows are preloaded then this DVD is your backup and recovery disk.

If you BURN a recovery disk, is what it does with a copy of your disk recovery. So if you use it, your computer is reformatted and put to the manufacturers settings. ALL PROGRAMS DATA and are lost. That's why you buy DVD RW so that you can save your programs and update if possible.