November 30, 2007

I'm looking for a backup software that'll sync certain folders in my internal and external HDs. any ideas?


I always growing music library (100gb and robust). I bought an external hard drive to back it up and use while traveling. I am looking for a simple software that will make sure my \ folder of music is synchronized with the external drive, so that I could just as easily listen to music from the outside when connecting to another PC.

It is important to keep the \ music \ Artist \ album of structure in tact as I am very methodical about the artwork and good mp3 marking of music.

All ideas for a program that will do when I connect the external HD? Preferably not automatic, I will gladly start the application once a week or so, the USB connection and synchronization. Similar to the way in which works with Palm prospects etc.

freeware would be best, but I do not mind paying as well, if necessary. I got rid of all my records and the collection is now some GS ...

Thanks!

Thanks!

3 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
You can use Acronis True Image Home for this. It can backup your music library in the book you have been set. True Image is a scheduler that do a backup as often as you wish, and it will make a differential backup in capturing only changes since the last backup.
You can learn more about True Image here:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
He is the backup utility in Windows in the Accessories / Sytem Resources, or go online to Download.com and look in the system utility section and it will be a tab on the left margin of the backup.

I use several freeware utilities for my client of this site and find them very useful and effective in establishing systems there.

I am an MCSE and A technology with my own home services and technology.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
using the backup utility and Nero have differential, which means that whenever there is a change in any case that I put into it copies it to my external drive, and I do that because Nero he has the opportunity and I like the fact that I do not have to use another program to do this, but for the freedom of people I love SyncBack he did almost everything he that meant, and then some, but here's a link to some very good


Or if you wish, you can use Symantec Norton Ghost 10, which also allows you to ask the full image of your hard hard


On the free