November 18, 2007

Backup Software for Multiple Computers?


I'm looking for a good inexpensive backup software that I can install on several different computers to back up to one external USB HDD. I need it to do manual on-demand incremental backups.

In other words I want to be able to do manual backups and only have it backup files that have been changed. I only need to backup certain folders like My Docs and some specific folders I have created. I don't need a full disk or OS backup. I just want something that will do it manually faster than sitting there and having to tell it whether to replace a particular file or not or the old "yes to all".

Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
The only software (that I know of), that can do incremental backups is Acronis TrueImage. But it certainly isn't cheap.

You can use the Windows backup utility to archive specific folders.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)