November 19, 2007

Hard Drive Backup Software Question?


What I would like to know, is there a program that I can back up my hard disk to a DVD for the way HP and Compaq do theirs? Create a dvd to restore you might say. I set up a copy of Windows XP just like I do with all my staff software included. Now I want to create a DVD that I could simply insert and restore my computer back to exactly this way if he ever crashes. All software that I found requires reinstalling windows first, and then perform a restoration. I want the DVD to get the job done for me and just install everything back as it is now without having to reinstall first. SoftThinks makes recovery dvd as I speak for HP and Compaq. Hopefully I do not have much to confuse you? Any help will be readily appreciated. Thanks!

5 comments:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Friar, use software GHOST. It creates am image of your system. So u can write the image file on your DVD. Otre system crashes when ghost run again and restore your system using that image file. It will take 10 to 5 minutes to restore. Nu find ur lending system with all drivers n ur software. - Do u need to install it again.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
Here is a link to the best program to do what you want to do. You can baje a bootable CD or dV and restore.

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I'ma Drive Backup to create full backup disk image. You can burn this image on DVD and make 'em bootable. Thus, in case of collapse windows u can start from DVD and restore your windows with all updates and parameters, all uplications and data files. Images of disks, or "ghost" is the best backup solution ever. Here you can download a trial version of Spare:

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
I would recommend to Acronis True Image for that. It is a backup utility that allows you to back up your entire PC or certain files, folders and program settings. True Image can store the image backup on any media (HDs, DVD, CD, FTP, etc.). It can make a CD / DVD so even after a system crash or virus attack fatal True Image can restore the entire your operating system and program settings.

You can learn more about True Image here

backup guy said...

(From old blog's comments)
True Image can create boot so that you can easily recover your system to use it.